I beloved music! I can't count the number of times I thanked God for this wonderful souvenir. What I love most about music, information technology's how it can uplift and encourage me when I am at my lowest.

Music has a soothing and calming power. You can run into an instance of that in 1 Samuel 16:fourteen-23; a deplorable spirit of the Lord tormented Saul, and it was only when David played the harp that Saul establish peace. Music withal has that effect today; when I am distressed, listening to music thank you me upwards, relaxes me, refreshes me, and changes my mood.

A lady listening to music
A lady smiling while listening to music

I started listening to Christian music three years ago when Jesus saved me. If secular music encouraged me before, Christian music took it to another level. Christian music has encouraging lyrics based on our hope in Jesus, His faithfulness, dearest, and bodacious promises of being with us through our trials. It also draws usa closer to God.

I made a listing of the top 12 Christian songs that I have been the well-nigh inspiring to me during hard times. If you need some help today, mind to these songs, and I pray God comforts and encourages you through them.

Let the word of Christ dwell in y'all richly in all wisdom, education and admonishing one another in psalms, and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord

Colossians 3:sixteen

1. Made a Fashion – Travis Greene

"You motion mountains, you cause walls to fall, with Your ability, You lot perform miracles. In that location is nothing that'south impossible. And we're continuing here, only because Yous made a way."

Travis Greene

Made a way is a beautiful song about God's great power. I heard it for the start fourth dimension when I was fighting depression last twelvemonth, and I listened to it on repeat for weeks. Listening to the vocal reminded me that God could and volition brand a mode. He is a miracle-working, way making God.  Though my state of affairs seems hopeless, God has it in control and will make a way.

two. Practise information technology again – Summit Worship

Your promise however stands. Great is Your faithfulness, faithfulness. I'g nonetheless in Your hands. This is my confidence, You never failed me all the same.

Elevation Worship

When I first heard this song in church, information technology was like the song was written for me. I could identify with waiting on God, wondering how come He hasn't answered me all this fourth dimension and wondering if He would ever aid me. Just as the lyrics say, God's faithfulness nonetheless stands. He will not fail me, nor will He abandon you, and He will never let us down. He moved mountains before, and He volition practise information technology again

3. Seasons – Hillsong Worship

I can see the promise; I can see the future. You lot're the God of seasons, and I am but in the winter. If all I know of harvest is that information technology's worth my patience. Then if you are not done working, God I am not washed waiting.

Hillsong Worship

There was a fourth dimension early last yr when I was ready to surrender. I had reached a significant setback, and I told God that I couldn't have it anymore. I don't know what led me to mind to seasons by Hillsong, but the song only spoke to me. Seasons is about waiting on God. God is patient and does things in seasons, and we volition all accept to become through winter. Though long the wintertime may seem, it will end one day, and spring volition come with the promise of a harvest. The song encourages me non to give up and wait on the Lord.

4. Information technology Is Well – Kristene DiMarco & Bethel Music

And through it all, through information technology all. My eyes are on Y'all. And information technology is well. It is well. So, allow go my soul and trust in Him. The waves and air current still know His name.

Bethel Music

This vocal makes me feel peaceful, from the soft melody to the thoughtful lyrics. When I listen to it, I try to let go of my stress and worries and but trust in God. The song teaches that no matter what nosotros are facing, we need to continue our focus on Jesus, not our troubles. He is powerful enough to command winds and waves and tin fix whatever situation.

5. Information technology Is Well with My Soul – Horatio Spafford

When peace like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows coil. Any my lot, Thou has taught me to say it is well, it is well with soul.

Horatio Spafford

This hymn encourages me to accept whatever comes from the hand of the Lord. Nothing happens to without God's sovereign blessing. Although sometimes it may be hard, He does it for a reason; and I must accept it and even exist thankful for it.

What inspires me in this song is the events that atomic number 82 to its writing. Horatio Spafford had just lost his business, his fortune, and his iv daughters in a body of water accident. Correct there in the eye of His most considerable pain, He said: "it is well with my soul." That kind of trust and faith in the Lord encourages me in my trials to besides have faith in God and trust Him.

6. Solid Rock – Unspoken

And through these dark and raging seas, Your grace has not abandoned me. And for these storms, I give thanks my God. For they drove me to the solid rock.

Unspoken

I remember listening to Solid Rock right subsequently a failed job interview last year and how information technology made me weep. It is a beautiful acoustic song about cleaved dreams, storms of life, and how we need them because God uses it to shape the states and draw us shut to Him.

It as well moves me because information technology reminds me that though God lets us go through these trials, His dearest and grace are notwithstanding with the states. We don't need to fear storms or run away from them because it will get united states almost to Jesus. When I listen to it, besides holding back tears, I remember to call up of the good God has been doing through my trials and to thank Him for letting me go through it.

vii. Hills and Valleys – Tauren Wells

When I am standing on the mount aft, didn't get there on my ain. When I am walking through the valley end, no I am non lonely. Y'all're God of the hills and valleys, and I am not lonely.

Tauren Wells

When everything is going well in our lives, we believe God is with us. Once tragedy strikes, we start wondering where God is. With this song, Tauren Wells reminds us that God is always with us, and we are never lone. He is the one that takes u.s.a. on mount tops and walks usa through valleys. Through it all, He is in control, and He never abandons us. I like to mind to this song, in difficult times to remind me that the presence of troubles does non equal the absence of God.

eight. Not bad Is Thy Faithfulness – Thomas Chisholm

Great is thy faithfulness, Great is thy faithfulness; Morning by morn new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Peachy is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

Thomas Chisholm

This is a dandy song to remember God's faithfulness, His loving-kindness, and His everlasting mercies. I knew of this hymn for some time merely but began to mind to it last twelvemonth when I was badly trying to concur on to my religion. Hearing of God'due south faithfulness, how He provides for us before we fifty-fifty know we needed information technology, encouraged me in ways I can't say. I dearest the 2nd to the final line, which states, "Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow" considering that is what God has been to me this flavor.

9. Surrounded (Fight my battles) – Michael W Smith

It may await like I am surrounded, only I am surrounded past You.

Michael W Smith

In 2 Kings half dozen:one-23, a rex of Syria, sent an regular army to capture the prophet Elisha for tactical gain. A servant of Elisha looked outside, saw the army, and was afraid. Elisha told the servant not to fearfulness, then Elisha asked God to open the servant's optics to see. When the retainer looked again, he saw an army of angels surrounding Elisha.

I don't know if this story was the inspiration behind Surrounded, but that's what I call up of when I heed to it. The song has only two lines, merely it encourages me tremendously. I see myself every bit that fearful servant, assuming my obstacles surroundings me, and I volition perish. When in reality,  God surrounds me, and He is much stronger than my obstacles. The song reminds me to have faith similar Elisha, and know that God is with me, despite the outlook of my situation.

10. My World Needs You – Kirk Franklin, Sarah Reeves, Tasha Cobbs, Tamela Mann

Storms may come up, but when nosotros call your name, all things change. Kingdoms fall one matter forever reigns is your name. The ballast that holds me in my pain stays the same. Oh, how sweet to know that your neat name will never change.

Kirk Franklin

O how sweet indeed to know that Jesus' proper name will never alter, but changes everything! Life is so full of hurting, hardships, and storms, but we take an anchor that holds us together, a savior that will come to our rescue. I like to heed to this song as information technology echoes the contents of my center. I need Jesus; this whole world needs Him. Sometimes I tin can't help being afraid. I tin can't escape the despair. I need to see His face and demand Him in my situation. His presence changes everything.

11. Thy Will – Hillary Scott

"I know Y'all see me, I know You hear me, Lord. Your plans are for me, goodness You have in store. And so, Thy will be done."

Hillary Scott

The lyrics of this song resonates so well with many believers and me. A lot of times I questioned God, why does He permit me get through some things, why doesn't He intervene and let me experience hurt instead? I thought the plans for my life were better than His.

When listening to this vocal, I call up to be still, know that He is God, and I am not. I remember that God doesn't be to serve me, only I live to serve Him. Just like Jesus did in Gethsemane, I can pray for God to let me out a state of affairs. Still, His volition be washed. Just as God, the Father had plans and goodness for Jesus through the cross, so He does for me through my trials.

12. He Turned Information technology – Tye Tribbett

The devil thought he had me, thought that my life was over. He thought by now I'd surrender, He thought I had no more. But that'southward when someone greater stepped in my situation, my morning now has begun, He turned it!

Tye Tribbett

I beloved to listen to this song in hard times, fifty-fifty though God hasn't turned my situation nevertheless. A pastor in one case said to praise God in your trials for what you lot believe He volition do. I believe God will turn it, and I can worship and thank Him at present. My favorite part of the song is the second part, which is very upbeat. It's my favorite office because it ever makes me get upwardly and dance! Praising and dancing to God right in the middle of pain, even as my face was still wet with tears, brought inexpressible joy to my eye.

I hope some of these songs will encourage you too. What are some of your favorites? Leave them in the comments below.

 Grace and peace you!